Terms & Conditions
1. Use of Website
- While you may visit this Website at any time, certain portions of this Website and resources are restricted to access and use only by our members or staff of our members who set up a user account (“Restricted Content”).
- If you are a member of SwissCham Singapore or register otherwise with the SwissCham Singapore, you may be required to provide registration information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) and may be required to agree to additional terms in order to create a user account. You represent and warrant that any information you provide is true, accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under the use of your username and password whether or not actually or expressly authorized by you, including the transmission, posting, or other provision of text, files, links, software, photographs, video, sound, music or other information or material. We take no responsibility for any loss or damage that occurs as a result of a disclosure by you of your password to third parties, or through any unauthorized access to your personal information. You further agree to immediately notify SwissCham Singapore of any unauthorized use of your user account.
- Please note that SwissCham Singapore may share your registration information or other user account information with our members and participants of events or if requested by law, legal process or court order. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- You acknowledge and agree that you shall not:
- (where relevant) permit any other person to use your account to access Restricted Content, or grant a third party a right to access and use Restricted Content; or
- use the Website or Resources for any unlawful or prohibited activity or for any illegal purpose; or
- use the Website or Resources in a way which interferes with its availability for other users or do anything that degrades the operational performance of the Website; or
- modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, scrape, deep-link, transfer, sell or in any way exploit any content, information, software, products, images or services obtained from the Website; or
- impersonate any person or entity, including any employees or representatives of SwissCham Singapore.
2. Posting or submission of materials and other content on the Website
- We may provide various open communication tools on our Website, which may provide you and other users an opportunity to submit, post, transmit, and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, photographs, images, video, creative works or other information, messages, transmissions or material to the Website or to other users. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our Website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By uploading, posting, sharing or distributing information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you represent, warrant and undertake that such information:
- is not illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, obscene, indecent, does not contain any type of suggestive, inappropriate, objectionable or explicit language and will not have the effect of harassing, threatening, embarrassing or causing distress or discomfort upon other users or third parties;
- does not and will not infringe on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- is not injurious to third parties and will not constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law;
- does not contain any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising; and
- does not contain viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files or any other similar computer program that may adversely affect the operational performance of another computer.
- You agree that any reviews, communications or materials of any kind posted by you on our Website may be wholly or partly used and placed by us at our sole discretion for marketing and promotion purposes on social media platforms, newsletters, special promotions, apps or other channels owned, hosted, used or controlled by us and our business partners.
- If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you are deemed to have granted to us a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media, including in the Website, and in promotional materials and publications and as we may at our discretion see fit. You are deemed to have granted us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content.
3. Disclaimer of Warranties
- This Website may contain information and content provided by third parties. While every effort has been made to make this Website and the Resources as complete and as accurate as possible, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any of the data or information contained in the Website, including those which may be provided or supplied by third parties and other users. Accordingly, we are not responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information supplied by third parties or other users. The respective third parties which provide or supply such information remain responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of such information and materials displayed on our Website. You should make your own evaluation of the accuracy or completeness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Website. In no event will SwissCham Singapore be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Website.
- Nothing on the Website constitutes or should be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of any user or third party. Opinions, advice or other statements on the Website are the opinions, advice and statements of the respective information provider or user. SwissCham Singapore does not endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any such opinion, advice or statement made on the Website by any party other than an authorized SwissCham Singapore representative. Please seek the advice of professionals as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
- You acknowledge that your use of our Website is at your sole risk and discretion. All materials, information, products, services, software and other content contained in this Website, or obtained from a linked site is provided “as is” without warranty or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, security or accuracy). In particular, we do not represent or warrant that:
- the use of the Website or Resources will meet your needs or requirements;
- access to the Website or Resources will be uninterrupted (whether due to any temporary and/or partial breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our Website or otherwise), timely, secure or free from errors;
- the information obtained by using the Website will be accurate, complete or reliable;
- any information, data, content, software or other material accessible through the Website will be free of bugs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful components; or
- any defects in the operation or functionality of the Website will be repaired or corrected.
- You assume total risk and responsibility for your use of the Website and Resources, including the submission of any personal information. Furthermore, you understand and agree that any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Website or use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- We may remove, modify or discontinue the Website, including any of the features or services of the Website and the information or content contained therein, at any time, with or without notice to you, without any liability whatsoever to you or any third party.
4. Exclusion and limitation of liability
- We are not liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, including those based on contract, tort (including negligence), whether actual, incidental, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or consequential (including lost profits or other special damages) which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the following:
- your access or use of the Website or Resources;
- submission of any personal information, or any unauthorised access to your personal information;
- any technical errors, unavailability of the Website to you in whole or in part or any failure or delay in any way connected with the use of the Website because of the global computer network, ancillary equipment or technology or any other circumstances; and
- any unauthorised access, alteration of your transmission or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, any breach of security into the Website through the global computer network.
- If we are found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any accessing or use of the Website and/or the Resources, then our liability to you, whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss or damage of any kind shall in no event in the aggregate exceed SGD 100.
5. Intellectual property
- We and/or the respective third party providers of information are the exclusive owner(s) of all right, title, and interest in and to all intellectual property with respect to the Website and the Resources, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos.
- You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. However, you are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
6. Advertisements and third party links
- This Website contains advertisements and links to other websites which are not maintained by us. Similarly, other websites may contain links to this Website. We are not responsible for the contents of any third party websites and shall not be liable for any loss, damages or injury arising from the access to and use of contents of those websites. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use. Any links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this Website, and does not imply our endorsement or recommendation of, or any association with the linked websites. We disclaim all responsibility and liability for the use of linked websites, which you access and use at your own risk.
- Any third party that wishes to establish links to this Website should notify us of their intention prior to doing so and shall ensure provided that such links are not likely to damage our reputation or take advantage of it, and such links are not established in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
By setting up an account or becoming a member of the SwissCham Singapore, you consent that we may send you our newsletters, updates and any other marketing material. If you do not want to receive the above mentioned materials, do inform us (by emailing us at the following address: email@example.com) and we will remove your email address from our mailing lists. Opting out of our mailing list will have as consequence that you will not be able to receive the above mentioned marketing material.
- By visiting, using and accessing this Website, you agree that the laws of Singapore, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern our relationship and any dispute of any sort that may arise. You expressly submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.